October 13, 2009

My Mariano Year

I turned 42 today.

So, everytime i think about being 42...i have a new mantra....42 is my Mariano year.  As in, Mariano Rivera. 

Go Yankees!!!

Mariano Rivera is number 42.  As a matter of fact, he is one of the last players to ever wear that number in baseball...since it was retired across the league as an honor to Jackie Robinson.  But, I did not cheer for Jackie Robinson the way I cheered and continue to cheer for MR.

So, since I am 42...I am challenging myself to make this year my Mariano year...the year of CONSISTENT EXCELLENCE.  Anyone can have a good day.  Anyone can be amazing for a short burst.  But, it takes commitment and focus to always want the ball with bases loaded, and one out away from losing or winning it all...

So, 42...the year of consistent excellence.

No comments:

Post a Comment