September 14, 2009

Back to School

This is a killer week.

Three kids in three different schools..Monday high school, Tuesday middle school and Wednesday elementary school.

They call it back to school night...where you follow your kid's schedule, meet the teachers and get a feeling for whether your kid is going to come home with 5 hours of homework or 5 minutes of homework.

I like being in the classroom.  Reminds me that whatever i think i know...there is always something else to learn.  the perfect script letters....( i still make my capital G's wrong)...the math equations that i have long forgotten....and forget going to french class.  I took Spanish in school so my kids are on their own.  I love helping them study french.  i give them the english...they give the french...and i have no idea if they are right or not.  we're done in 10 minutes and they usually get A's.  So, who am i to question?

I feel like i'm going back to school in other ways too.  fitness speaking....it's like mental rehabilitation.  like my mind and body forgot how to walk or do simple math or write my full name properly.  I know what i need to do...i know 2calories + 2 calories + no exercise = daddy belly.  but, it's like when you get to a different stage in your life, you have to relearn certain things...as they apply to you.

ask me the difference between a plain and a plateau?  how about long division?  or why Rome fell?  I learned all this...at one time in my life...and as i got older...i had no use for it...so i forgot. 

I think that is what happens to those of us who don't continue to eat right and exercise...we think we don't have any use for it...so, we forget...conveniently. 

So, I say go back to school and learn what you already know. 

like how much is pie?

I mean Pi.

Pie is about 20 bucks....and a week on the treadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment