September 12, 2009

That Fat Dad Thing

I want to thank everyone who has started reading my blog on a regular basis.  As i said when i started a week ago...my goal was to get to my wedding weight...but then revamped it through my thinking and writing to really focus on a vision for myself...and values to live by. 

The writing helps...and knowing people are out there to read and respond...REALLY helps.  It keeps me honest in my activity and my thoughts around food, fat and fatherhood.  Who would have thought a chick flick (julie and julia) would have inspired such a thing.

My findings from week one...even my wife didn't get what i was trying to do until my last post.  she affectionately referred my blog to her friends as "that fat dad thing".  good for a laugh...but, after a week...she finally has the title right...and is now forwarding the blog address to friends with pride..and the hope daddy belly leaves our bedroom soon!!  

You have to do what you do for yourself first.  people will follow if you are passionate, committed, and honest.

The late Professor Randy Pausch who came to fame with his viral "last lecture" video said it best...and had a great impact on me.  "Don't tell people how to live their lives.  Tell Stories.  They'll figure out what applies to them."

Hopefully, you are getting something out of this...I know I am. 

Thanks again.  Please pass it on.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Glad to see another "Dad Blog"!

    "Don't tell people how to live their lives. Tell Stories. They'll figure out what applies to them."

    I agree...I hate being preached to about something, but if someone tells me about one of their life experiences I am more likely to learn from it. Sounds like you are on the right track!

    ReplyDelete