September 21, 2009

Serious

OK.

I've had a lot of fun these past two weeks...getting my creative juices flowing in my writing....letting all the "what does it feel like to be a fat guy" perspective get out of me. 

It's a little different than in the past.  in the past, i have gone gung ho for 2 weeks, lifted more than i should until i can't straighten my arms...while not being able to sit up because i decided to do a month's worth of abs in one night.  this time around, i decided to start slow.  start with some writing and some goals....some lifting and some cardio....start slow.  well, I've started slow...and now it's time to kick it in high gear.

I am going to start researching some triathalon training materials...and how to cross train for a summer '10 event. 

I ran the NYC Marathon back in '96.  it was the thought of stopping at mile 18...right in front of the bar i used to work at... that kept me training.  This time around...i am looking to train with my kids, who can right now, kick my ass in each of the events.  So, a chance to do something i have never done...a chance to be a better me...and a chance to connect to my kids in the process.

sounds like a win, win, win.

1 comment: