September 27, 2009

Streaks

So, yesterday i didn't write. 

It was a crazy day.  sports in the morning and afternoon...no internet service...run home and get ready for fundraising event...get home late...and well...it was the season premiere of  "saturday night live".  before you know it, it's after midnight and i missed my deadline.

Honestly...i was not in the mood to be funny or profound....so, i remained silent.

but, it got me thinking....3 weeks on....one day off. 

If I can keep that kind of commitment going for working out, eating and better personal communications...then that's a hell of a lot better than one day on and three weeks off.

I am not going to beat myself up for not writing.  But, I do feel a bit guilty....

So, I like to think of it like baseball.  A batter has a streak of hitting safely in 20 games...suddenly he goes hitless and the streak is over.  does he stop trying to hit?  Does he feel bad about himself for not keeping the streak alive?  Or, does he try to start another streak?

Life is not one long streak....it's full of many smaller streaks.  The key is to commit to a new one the moment the old one stops.

No comments:

Post a Comment