September 6, 2009

Film or Digital

My mother in law still takes pictures with a film camera.  at her birthday she pulled out the digital we gave her 3 years ago for the first time in....3 years.  This prompted a quick tutorial from my 10 year old daughter, but at the same time started a discussion at the table.

my sister in law said that in addition to her digital, she still has a film camera...which she likes better.  I scoffed, saying it was a waste because what do you do with the bad shots that don't come out right.  with digital, you get to eliminate the bad before printing.

she said, "well...some people still want to see that life isn't always perfect."
so true.  how many albums will we have in the future that are just about the perfect shots...and not about the goofy ones where we are making funny faces or have 3 chins and red eyes.

we aren't perfect....life isn't digital.

i guess that's my way of saying....I worked out yesterday (good photo) but, I had chicken and onion pizza last night at the party with a piece of mississippi mud pie (3 chin photo).

there is no delete button in life...so the only way to erase that bad photo is to get my ass on the elliptical and commit to start taking better pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment