September 11, 2009

Good Communication

Scale: so, half a pound…that’s a good start.

Mirror: please…have you seen this guy?

Scale: I don’t see him as much as feel him…and he’s usually naked.

Mirror: I see him naked too… not...good...and half a pound down and he’s looking at me like he’s brad pitt.

Scale: but you have to be positive. Half a pound down is better than half a pound up.

Mirror: you have to stop messing with his head. let’s be real..he craps half a pound.

Scale: you’re gross.

Mirror: but truthful…he’s lowered his expectations of himself.

Scale: he’s trying.

Mirror: I get that…but I remember when he used to look at me through a different set of eyes .

Scale: what are you talking about?

Mirror: This guy once had abs…and bicep cuts…and a jaw line.

Scale: Yes…I remember those days. It was much easier on me as well…

Mirror: So, don’t kiss his feet every time he drops half a pound.

Scale: well, don’t beat him up every time he turns to you for approval.

Mirror: tell him to give me something to approve…how about consistency?

Scale: he does go up and down on the weekends..

Mirror: Damn right…half a pound on a Friday and he’s celebrating with 3 vodka/rocks.

Scale: and then he’s up 3 pounds on Monday…

Mirror: and brad pitt is no more…

Scale: Ok, OK…so maybe we can work together to get him those abs back.

Mirror: fine. I’ll make sure he is really looking at himself truthfully…

Scale: and I will back you up with real data.

Mirror: We’ve got some work to do…you know that, right?

Scale: Yes…I know…but I think he can do it. He really wants to be better.

Mirror: I agree… Talk to you tomorrow?

Scale: Every day.

Mirror: Done.

Scale: Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment